Living with heavy periods? You’ve got options.
If excessive menstrual bleeding is keeping you from your normal, everyday activities, it’s time to sit down with your doctor and plan for a healthier,
more comfortable future.
Heavy period treatment options
Doctors can treat abnormal uterine bleeding safely and successfully using a variety of methods.
Our Treatment Comparison Chart
(PDF) offers an at-a-glance comparison.
Or, click on the plus sign (+) below to read about each AUB treatment option.
Which option is right for you?
You and your doctor will need to consider several factors before making a decision
about your AUB treatment, including:
- cause of bleeding
- amount and frequency of bleeding
- specific ways heavy periods affect your life
- possibility of future pregnancies
- benefits of a one-time treatment vs. ongoing therapy
Her Option advantage
Her Option® Office Cryoablation Therapy uses cryoablation to reduce or eliminate
menstrual periods in most women. This type of treatment can free you from abnormal
uterine bleeding without surgery or hormones.
Important safety information
Her Option is not recommended for everyone. You’ll need to be evaluated by your
doctor to find out if it’s the right treatment to relieve your heavy periods.
You will not be a candidate if you:
- intend to become pregnant
- use an IUD
- suffer from uterine cancer
- have an active urinary tract infection or pelvic inflammatory disease
- have certain types of uterine abnormalities.
Every medical treatment has risks and complications. Talk to your doctor.